Japanese Yam Chips!
The Japanese Yam is a sweet yam that is somewhat like a sweet potato. Japanese yams have a very starchy taste yet are also sweet. The yams are loaded with carbohydrates and taste delicious when cooked into chips!
– Japanese sweet potatoes
– Olive Oil
– Salt & Pepper
– Peel and cut the Japanese yams into thin slices. Immediately after they are cut place them in a cold bowl of water. The yams brown quickly once they have been cut and the cold water will slow this process.
– Pour olive oil into a large pan and turn heat to between medium and high.
– While waiting for the oil to warm, drain the yams and dry with paper towels.
– Once the oil is hot place the yams in the pan. Make sure the potatoes do not overlap.
– Add salt and pepper to the yams and cook each side until golden.
– Serve with your favorite type of protein and other vegetables!