Japanese Yam Chips!
The Japanese Yam is a sweet yam that is somewhat like a sweet potato. Japanese yams have a very starchy taste yet are also sweet. The yams are loaded with carbohydrates and taste delicious when cooked into chips!
- Japanese sweet potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and cut the Japanese yams into thin slices. Immediately after they are cut place them in a cold bowl of water. The yams brown quickly once they have been cut and the cold water will slow this process.
- Pour olive oil into a large pan and turn heat to between medium and high.
- While waiting for the oil to warm, drain the yams and dry with paper towels.
- Once the oil is hot place the yams in the pan. Make sure the potatoes do not overlap.
- Add salt and pepper to the yams and cook each side until golden.
- Serve with your favorite type of protein and other vegetables!