Savory Spaghetti Squash
As the nights get colder, I crave warm meals that, as my grandmother would say, “stick to my ribs”. This recipe fits the bill and is remarkably light and filling. The squash used in this recipe was locally grown in Sharon, Massachusetts on Ward’s Berry Farm. This farm is family run since 1982 and is open year round to visitors.
What You’ll Need:
1 spaghetti squash (SQUA0050)
1 shallot (SHAL0011)
3 cloves of garlic (GARL0011)
3 tsp of olive oil (OILS0050)
1/2 tsp pepper (SPIC0750)
1/2 tsp salt (SALT0070)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (CHEE0715)
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Slice the spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds.
3) Place spaghetti squash open side down in a backing dish. Fill dish with about a half inch of chicken broth. Place in the oven and back for 45-60 minutes depending on the size of the squash.
4) Remove from dish and allow to cool until you are able to handle squash (this is a great time to chop the shallot and cloves of garlic). Gently remove the strands of spaghetti squash and place into a separate glass dish.
5) In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped shallots and garlic until gently cooked.
6) Add cooked spaghetti squash to the skillet and cook for five minutes. Add salt and pepper.
7) Remove from the heat and mix in parmesan cheese.